Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Activities For School Hall

Hi

I was hoping some of you wonderful people could help me as I am totally stuck for good ideas today

My reception class are going to be in the school hall all morning for three days this week as the new intake is visiting and will be in the classroom.

I am totally stuck for planning ideas that will keep them busy and extend learning (they are quite a bright class) while not being to difficult to set up as I am going to stone roses tonight and might be a bit delicate in the morning!!!

I have thought of large construction, large paper for drawing etc... but does anyone have any marvelous ideas for activities in the school hall for 3 days!!!!

Thank you in advance

Louisa x

What about a 'crossing the river' type problem solving activity? You could 'mark' the river out then give them challenges to make it easier/harder e.g. providing bigger or smaller stepping stones, blindfolding one member of the team etc. You could do calculations relating to how many journeys/steps/time taken to cross. Writing messages to the people on the other side/lists of things to take etc.

Do you have specific objectives to work to next week?

id go for team games too i think ....duck duck goose, whats the time mr wolf grandmas footsteps etc then maybe split them into groups and give them some equipment and get them to create their own games (write instuctions??/draw rules??) then get them to teach them to the other groups?

Our children love role play in the hall. We make a road for cars, bikes and scooters etc. and you have to have some workmen digging up the road. They need the high viz jackets, cement mixer etc. There's the people taking the babies out in the prams and buggies, lollipop man, police and other emergency workers. We also have a stop and go type traffic light, oh and a zebra crossing. Infact addw hatever you've got. It keeps lots of children involved with lots of fun, not too much setting up either. Have fun!! and enjoy your evening out!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)