Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Assessment

Guest Anje

Hi all, just been thinking about assessments for September. Does anyone have a format to help them keep track of which children have been observed and in which areas? - how do you organise assessments/observations? I dont want to just use a class list, I would like to be a bit more organised!

Thanks in advance!

Anje x

hi anje! i have developed this tracker for september to put at the front of the child's learning journey, then each time we put an annotated photo or post-it in we will tick areas/aspects covered and date it. will trial it out and see how it goes. and everyone just keeps tabs on who has had a long observation and ensures those who need more get more. and i plan to date development band to indicate evidence is in learning journey for moderation purposes

Learning journey tracker portrait.docx

For long observations last year I had a grid with childrens names along the top and then boxes coming down. When myself or TA did an observation we would write in the box what area the observation covered. This helped to ensure we didnt have too many observations in one particular area for a child. Could also see quite easily who we needed to do.

Thank you sooty! Thats just the kind of thing I need. I can set up a folder of these to work alongside the children's learning journeys.

Feel better about it now!

Anje

Thanks for mentioning PRAMS but we have a system of electronic assessment that we already use, just need a simple checksheet!

Anje x

For short obs my TA and myself each have sticky labels with names of 15 children who we are targeting for obs. We swap lists each fortnight so we have the other 15 to observe. This ensures at least 3 obs per half term. We also constantly carry blank sticky labels for any other significant obs we spot - either not our current list of children, or extra obs of children already observed on our list. Works well, each half term I collate them, adding labels to Learning Journeys, and link to A of L.

Thank you sooty! Thats just the kind of thing I need. I can set up a folder of these to work alongside the children's learning journeys.

Feel better about it now!

Anje

i plan to put one in front of each child's learning journey folders so it's there to tick off as put in to make life as easy as poss! glad to be of use x

I have come up with these two, 1 is to go in child's lj, and the other for keyworkers to track progress of all their keychildren (going to use a diff sheet for children in different school years groups, the theory for that being when it comes to transition sheets next year they should be a breeze :P and children still with us won't need transferring to another sheet.

EYFS - Progress Tracker.docx

key group tracker.docx

Edited by mouse63
  • Like 1

hi anje! i have developed this tracker for september to put at the front of the child's learning journey, then each time we put an annotated photo or post-it in we will tick areas/aspects covered and date it. will trial it out and see how it goes. and everyone just keeps tabs on who has had a long observation and ensures those who need more get more. and i plan to date development band to indicate evidence is in learning journey for moderation purposes

Thank you for sharing :1b

I have come up with these two, 1 is to go in child's lj, and the other for keyworkers to track progress of all their keychildren (going to use a diff sheet for children in different school years groups, the theory for that being when it comes to transition sheets next year they should be a breeze :P and children still with us won't need transferring to another sheet.

key group tracker.docx

Thank you very much :1b

• Like 1

key group tracker.docx

Thanks this is fab xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)