Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Calm Backing Paper

Guest HPS

Does anyone know where to buy neutral and calm backing paper from? Everywhere I look there is bright and manic primary colours but would really like some beige/muted green etc in order to make the environment more harmonious. Thanks in advance

Don't know what kind of setting you're in (i.e. are you getting paper just for yourself or are you sharing with lots of others) but sometimes at school I use the back of colours of paper that are less popular (orange for some reason!). The children and I then 'print' it using different techniques so we can have whatever colours we like! Creates some lovely effects, gets them to explore different techniques and do big painting (all those shoulder and arm muscles working) and uses up odds and ends of paper that would otherwise get too dog eared to use and then thrown away!

• Like 1

I saw a suugestion of lining paper for under wallpaper so you focus on the display not the backing!

We asked parents for donations of wallpaper , expecting offcuts and intending to use it for large scale marking! We ended up with whole rolls so some displays are backed in that, which was interesting to do! We're wondering if it will fade less than 'normal' backing paper as we hope to keep adding to the displays over the year rather than redoing them!

Just thought I would open a be of a debate here - I would have thought that paper would be just as flamable as hessian?

So I wonder what fire regulations are in place for paper stapled on the walls maybe we would all be better with proper wallpaper glued onto the walls/display boards? would this create less of a fire hazard?

i've just changed my boards to felt CP ones, they are all at child level and they have access to pieces of velcro and make their own displays, no more adult perfect boards at adult height. I am also putting up some blank canvases painted with blackboard paint and magnolia paint so that children can create their own art gallery using chalk and pastels (more alistair bryce-clegg)

Right Maxie my love, I'm coming over to have a gawp, would love to see all the changes you've made xx

not finished yet but kettles on so visit away

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)