Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Risk Assessments For Welly Walks

Hi all,

As from September I will be starting welly walks for the children at our pre-school. Just wondered if anyone had an example of thier risk assessment to share? I wanted to use something already started, at least I could change and ammend things according to the walk we will be doing.

Thank you.

The welly walks I'm planning to do would involve risk assessments for woodlands and meadows. Obviously this would be risk assessed before every walk, but I need a long term assessment. It would be different from any other outing we do, as we usually do educational visits like to farms etc. I was just wondering if anyone had one spare for welly walks/ other types

Of walks so I can consider risks such as poisonous plants etc.

Edited by jennac

There is supposed to be less emphasis on risk assessments with the new EYFS.From a legal point of view, they still need to be done and written in detail. I spoke with my setting improvement partner yesterday, and she agreed the same. I think just to be on the safe side, I'm going to continue with my usual risk assessments! That way Ofsted can't pull me up on any safeguarding issues!

Edited by jennac
  • Like 3

There is supposed to be less emphasis on risk assessments with the new EYFS.From a legal point of view, they still need to be done and written in detail. I spoke with my setting improvement partner yesterday, and she agreed the same. I think just to be on the safe side, I'm going to continue with my usual risk assessments! That way Ofsted can't pull me up on any safeguarding issues!

adding to this, everyone is very clear then on what they need to do to safeguard particularly on outings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)