Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Putting Paint Out Themselves

Very true, my husband is a secondary school teacher and he thought I had taken leave of my senses!

Mel

The year I was an NQT I started in January. That year in the authority there were lots of NQTs starting in January for some reason and they decided to put on an extra 'welcome to teaching' type course. They made it available to NQTs from all phases. It was an afternoon course and that day at school was a dress up/dress down day. I did mean to change before I left for the course but one thing after another happened and I didn't have time before I left. I arrived wearing pyjamas, dressing gown, slippers and with a teddy hanging out my pocket. I was the only Foundation person there and all the male secondary teachers were in suit and tie. The looks on their faces were wonderful!

• Like 1

The year I was an NQT I started in January. That year in the authority there were lots of NQTs starting in January for some reason and they decided to put on an extra 'welcome to teaching' type course. They made it available to NQTs from all phases. It was an afternoon course and that day at school was a dress up/dress down day. I did mean to change before I left for the course but one thing after another happened and I didn't have time before I left. I arrived wearing pyjamas, dressing gown, slippers and with a teddy hanging out my pocket. I was the only Foundation person there and all the male secondary teachers were in suit and tie. The looks on their faces were wonderful!

:oxD :lol: xD Love it - it's great to be 'barking'!!! :blink: xD :lol: xD

I like to look back on it as a moment of affirmation for everyone else. I knew a lot of people who when they first started teaching had a moment of doubt about whether they had gone for the right phase - for those secondary teachers I could see them thinking 'Phew I did the right thing!'

I did go and change once we reached a break ;) . I also thank my lucky stars that there was no kind of car accident that day!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)