Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Investiagtion Area

Hi

I'm feeling around for some ideas on what to put in my investiagtion area for the 2 weeks of setting in and then linked to my topic of bears. It can't be anything too huge with loads of resources as it will be siutated at the end of a computer bench in a medium sized tuff tray.

Thanks (not my strongest area I'm afraid investigative!)

Hello! When I did my bears topic i put out (a very small!) tray with a bears habitat on it, i had some bark in there, pebbles, plants and leaves from our garden area, a little 'pond' and some 'real' bears (not teddies). I also made a little cave for the bears to go in -it was just a cardboard box painted brown. Put some magnifying glasses on the table for the children to investigate the natural materials and little torches for them to shine into the cave. It also links in with the bear hunt story nicely as there is a cave and different things that the characters in the book have to go through. Hope that helps a little!

Hello! When I did my bears topic i put out (a very small!) tray with a bears habitat on it, i had some bark in there, pebbles, plants and leaves from our garden area, a little 'pond' and some 'real' bears (not teddies). I also made a little cave for the bears to go in -it was just a cardboard box painted brown. Put some magnifying glasses on the table for the children to investigate the natural materials and little torches for them to shine into the cave. It also links in with the bear hunt story nicely as there is a cave and different things that the characters in the book have to go through. Hope that helps a little!

thanks for this-it sounds lovely

Could you put out various materials, bears and a watering can for them to try and make a waterproof umbrella for the bear.

This would be an excellent activity outside, thanks. Unable inside as right next to computers!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)