Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

How Much Of The Dm To Include On Mtp?

I am in the process of playing around with my MTP for my first topic bears. I have finally decided on a very simple planning format, but am now wondering how much of the DM objectives to include? Do I include 30-50, 40-60 and ELG? I know it depends on the children as I will have a range of abilities, but there will be a lot of objectives, especially the communication and Lang and literacy!

Just some advice or insight into what others are doing would be great. Thanks

Just updating my MTP. So far I have listed all of the ELGs ....then staff will plan for each child what DM objective they wish them to cover that day/week. We have decide to do it this way as all of the children are at different stages and it didnt seem fair to plan a specific DM age band for all children.

Carol

Been told to start assessing and planning from the 30-50 months band.I think what I'll do is see where the majority of the chn are at on entry and go from there. As long as I've got my proposed activities in place and provision I can fit the dm objectives and elg around them

i'm nursery but am planning to focus on 1 aspect of each of 7 areas of the learning each half term, e.g. in psed we're focussing on self-confidence and self-awareness, so i'm using statements from 22-36 and 30-50 months development bands as children traditionally come in below chronological age. so if i was in reception i would pick out statements from 30-50 and 40-60, which includes the elg's. there is only 1 elg per aspect now. the development band statements lead into the elg and break it down x

Thanks for this- not worked or had any training yet on the eyfs! Worked mostly in years 1 to 3.

I just don't want my mtp to look like another copy of the dm booklet

aren't the ages and stages hierarchical though? Surely I can't plan an activity around the ELG if the chn aren't showing evidence of being secure with the 30-50 or 40-60 band?

i know what you mean about it looking like dm book, mine does! but just putting the elg as lo is too vague as you say. lo's need to be tight, and elg is expectation at end of year, so should use 40-60 dm or 30-50 if they come in low. and it is a good way of breaking up the document to help other staff be reminded of what we need to do to support them, and become familiar with the new statements x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)