Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Sand And Water

I wanted to know if you 'have' to have sand and water both indoors and outdoors too. I find it hard to find space for both sand and water inside at the same time, I reckon we could manage a small tray of a water activity one week and sand activity the next week. Having said that sometimes we might have a tuff tray of tractors, stones etc in place of this tray meaning we haven't managed sand or water inside that week! We have both outside like everyone else but space isn't a problem outside!

we have large sand pit outside where the kids can kick off there shoes and get right in- we also have portable sand tray which can be used in or out and the water tray , although when outside we let the children have watering cans etc and I bought some small spray bottles for £1 each and they loved spraying the sand. We have a lot of younger ones this term and they so enjoy sand and water, tomorrow we have tuff tray on floor with bulldozers, sand in tray and water so they can fill, carry, lift , mix etc

we have wooden floors but put carpets and heavy duty sheets down and sweep any excess or get the children to do it - risk taking :1b

Edited by lashes2508
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)