Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Every Child Matters?

Hi, I am completely new to the Early Years from a Year 3 class and am going to ignore my embarrassment and just ask anyway........ What do I need to know????!!! It all seems so confusing.

Every child matters?

What are the 5 outcomes?

PRAmS

Tracking

Feel like I am totally drowning, sorry for being so dumb but have just returned from maternity leave and need HELP - just need someone lovely to 'talk' me thru the basics step by step. PLEASE!!??

Jo xx

Hello jojofr! Welcome indeed!!

PRAMS is a system the EYFSF have developed for computerising learning journey/documentation. It has been very well received, although I haven't worked with it I'm afraid.

Every Child Matters (ECM) underpins everything we do in early years - actually it is relevant up to 18 years, so I should do lots of research!The Five Outcomes come from ECM - Being healthy; Staying safe; Enjoying and achieving; Making a positive contribution; Achieving economic well-being.

Here's a link http://eduwight.iow....iveOutcomes.pdf

Tracking refers to how you show what the children are doing/how they have progressed towards the early learning goals (ELGs)

Any more help you need - come here or pm me

Sue x

Tracking refers to how you show what the children are doing/how they have progressed towards the early learning goals (ELGs)

Just thought, that looks like duplication. PRAMS is the EYFSF method of Tracking. Some LAs (mine included) have developed their own. This is why, working in a private Day Nursery that relies on support and funding from LA , I haven't much experience with PRAMS. Shame, it looks much simpler than the one I had to use.

Sue

• Like 1

we also have our own tracker devised by our lea but i cant get it to work on my laptop only the main computer and with a teenager in the house i rarely get a look in:)

i am going to look at PRAMS instead

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)