Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Guidance on which books to read for help with observations Please

Hiya, would like to improve on what I already do regarding observations . Im not that confident about it at all really - what to look for, and note down, when observing my mindees. Having read through quite a few of your posts wondered if anyone had any suggestions at what books you'd recommend that give examples of how to do it !. I did find a helpful aussie guidance on this but would like some further reading. I currently have a 2yrs plus and a new mindee of only ten months and would like to "crack it" once and for all :). thanks very much in advance

Vicky Hutchins books are great but not sure how relevant they would be for you.

Maybe try a google/ Amazon search with that name and see what you think and what else they suggest?

Thanks for your reply Susan, but hoping for tried and tested ones before I part with my cash ! :)

One that all of my staff use with good results and easy to understand is Christine Hobart - Observation and Assessment ( about £11 on amazon - but might be worth a peek on EBay as someone may be selling some off ?), and I think the Preschool learning Alliance and the NCMA do observation books too that non-members can order, all of the PSLA books I have used are good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)