About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

whole reception class eyfs assessment grid

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

Hi

Does anyone have such a thing?

I am still wondering how to record my baseline and termly progress.I would prefer to use a whole class paper to keep in my file.Results would be transfered to e-profile or sims (don't know what HT wants just yet)

thank you

Tinkerbell

Hi I have highlighted dm per child for baseline going from transition doc and my own obs. I have recorded per area per child where they are in each area eg 30-50 secure, 40-60 some and then I have reported to my head percentages of the class achieving expected on entry per area. If you look at an old post of mine 'goodies from Gloucestershire' you'll see the forms I have used. I haven't used a whole class tracker apart from the whole class overview in percentages. My school has bought in Essex target tracker across the school and we had training on it yesterday (kS 1 and 2) and it looks amazing. I have training on the EYFS version next week and that will provide any possible way of analysing data or chart that I need instantly so once ive been on the course I will enter the data into the system. Apparently target tracker Looks at what percentage of the statements in each area of dm are highlighted so that progression can be seen term to term.

Deb

That's the trouble with these systems - they work on a tick list basis.

I know and i know that's not the intention and we are supposed to be trying to get away from it but my head is data obsessed so there was always going to be some sort of system so that she could show progress in detail.

deb

There is a great need for CPD for heateachers around the country! Certainly many many HTs know what is right in EYFS but when they dopn't it really makes it hard for the children and for the adults! How can we get them to training?????

Lorna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)