Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Getting parents to read info!

They will then blame it on the childminder/ grandparent/ friend who collected but i just then say "sorry you forgot to tell them to look".

Well this childminder photographs the messages posted by the door and on the whiteboards and texts or emails them to the parents... :ph34r:

I always find it so sad when a child is brought to me in the morning in uniform on mufti day, or without their silly socks on that I go out of my way to remind them and sometimes it STILL fails !!

I do wonder whether some parents switch off when they drop their children off ?!

Nona

So refreshing to know it's country wide problem. I have tried paper, text, Facebook, notice boards, easel's they fall over, even standing with a big piece of paper and flapping it in their faces!!!!!! and there will still be the ones that turn up late, turn up with lunch box when not needed, I even had a photographer who I told everybody would arrive at 8.30 in the morning for photo's and had a mum turn up at 3.30 in the afternoon and wondered why he was still there!!!!!

I have now got tougher and do not let paper go home if you want it back because it never does!! things get signed on the premises and if they are late turn them away, with the idea that having a screaming child all the way home they hopefully won;t forget the next time. Only trouble is they then come in the next day and make me feel bad for turning them away because the child was so upset!!!! They can't even take responsibility for upsetting their own child.

I always say that if they are late when they get to school they will be in trouble!! but even that doesn't work these days.

When I was a child if you were late for a few days you had the welfare officer round asking why??? which was so embarassing!! these days there is no deterant, mum's have it easy and are definetly spoon fed on everything. they need to start thinking for themselves.!!! my last rant for 2012!!! :P :P :DxD

I have just finished my January newsletter. I put a copy on board.This will be put next to signing in/out sheet so it can't be missed. Just thinking that I am going to ask parents to sign to say they have read, photographed it or will get access to it on internet. Then when they claim they didn't know about an event etc i will have to say "sorry you read but forgot"

we need to give you some info before you all go,

but alas 3 are out the door hurrying to the car, another 5 are chatting and not taking it in , another 10 have letter in hand and promise to fill it in

a reminder is sent via text and email

still they did'nt read it - another fail !!

I remind them all again with a smile the next day some of them nod politely and some of them just turn the other way !

4th time lucky I hope and put up a huge sign - " oh was that today" they exclaim " it completely slipped my mind!"

so now I may play ignorant or smile sweetly and say " oh you've brought your children - SORRY we are closed TODAY !!!!

Edited by lashes2508
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)