Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

seen this..........

Well I am not at all surprised, after all it is the "obvious" solution to reducing childcare costs...however, that does not make it the right solution, which in my humble opinion would be the decison to have a nationwide childcare system, funded a bit like schools to level the costs and other local factors, the removal of universal entitlement for all 3 year olds and better funding for those who really need it. ................Covers head and runs away fast................................

Edited by eyfs1966
  • Like 2

Sue, it sounds bl**dy awful and utterly ridiculous. I have had a busy one today - 8 children with a variety of challenges and 5 members of staff and we all still finished the day exhausted, I know its not always like that but that is the problem, you just don't know what is going to come through your door each morning.

Edited by max321

Sue, it sounds bl**dy awful and utterly ridiculous. I have had a busy one today - 8 children with a variety of challenges and 5 members of staff and we all still finished the day exhausted, I know its not always like that but that is the problem, you just don't know what is going to come through your door each morning.

Then try doing the same with 1:13/1:30 as enjoyed in schools!!

Uuummmmm......maybe ms truss could have come and helped us out tues morning.....4 of us (inc me not supposed to be counted in ratio,s) 17 children (3 out with illness..thank goodness) 2 vulnerable 2 yr funded, which we we were asked to take we didn't go looking for them....one we,ve had no money for since last sept as changed counties and county asking did nothing about actually securing funding and new county not convinced they should back date ( but thats ok as my EY advisor says think of the benefits were giving this child) and one you can't take your eyes off for a second or they,ll wreck something someone else has made, or just because they can, take something off a peer upsetting them , empty every drawer/box in the place and refusing to do anything that is asked...but as we,re IGNORING the negative behaviour I guess we don't need to count that one in ratios anyway, then had 2 new starters, one of which very upset most of morning so needing lots of 1to1 support, 2 others with physical needs requiring extra support, praying that the phone would stop ringing and no one else would have an accident whilst trying to FREE FLOW and give all the others a bit of quality attention..not to mention observing, assessing and planning for all as well as trying to write in 17 home/school books..oh and throw in a bit of staff monitoring !

And are they going to give us pay outs to cover redundancies when we,re all overstaffed.....and when they,re then paying out other forms of benefits to all these extra un-employed and the NHS is even more stretched as the ones still working have gone mad they may see how fool hardy lowering ratios was . THE END

• Like 1

I am a Childminder and went to a Department of Education consultation with other childminders about this change and changes to Childminders' inspections. As you can no doubt imagine it was a rather lively meeting particularly when it became apparent that the Minister had not actually been out to any Childminding settings before drawing up her proposals!

Maybe its just me, but if I were to make changes that would affect thousands of children I would have visited some setting first?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)