Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Reception PSE

I am covering PPA in reception ( I am a HLTA) and am doing PSE ( not by choice!). I am working of someone else's planning and am not being paid for planning and assessment ( which makes spending Saturday afternoon on it somewhat questionable!)

The topic is Water and the PSE is linked to that - last week was ice safety, next is water safety and staying safe. The plan tells me what we are to tlak about linked to the theme as well as other bits like 'taking turns' etc. I am struggling wiht the fact that there are no reousrces eg stories or pictures etc and I feel strongly, working all week in EYFS, that it's essential to have a stimulus of some sort instead of just waffling!!

Am I wildly off beam before I go saying what i think ( not that I have a habit of upsetting people :huh: )

I would want a stimulus too really. My IWB failed on me this week just as I was about to introduce something new to my class via it and I felt my lesson lacked due to being rubbishly prepared and not having something as a back up. Have you looked at the SEAD document to see if anything there could be used or could back up what you are saying?

Hi Madmum,

You could sing This is the way we wash our face on a cold and frosty morning and then talk about how we use water to care for our environment. You could wash something with the children, perhaps welly boots or some toys.

Or just pour some water from a jug into a glass and ask the children where the water comes from?

Hope this helps!

Teresa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)