Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

school nurseries - pupil premium

do you get any pupil premium money for your nursery children? i have no idea where it is spent in our school, but feel it would benefit my children for intervention work etc. x

It is reception up - free school meals, Looked After children, and also a lower rate for service families children - it has to be spent on resources/services etc to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for the above groups (if other children benefit as well that's a bonus) so things like intervention and booster groups , different resources - support staff , but form September last year schools are obliged to publish what the money has been spent on and how much impact it is having/likely to have ,both to the Governors and parents and on the school website.

Our nursery children who are eligible for fsm are able to have them only if they stay for a full day - this also includes the attached pre-school unit. We currently have only 2 children eligible for fsm in the nursery and 3 in the pre-school.

not got a school website and can't find anything online. guess i'll have to ask ....

That could be a problem for your school if they don't....I checked and I'm fairly certain it's been arequirement from April last year for the School Governing Body to publish specific information on a website which parents can access and that includes pupil premium info.

Cx

there was mention that we would have to have information somewhere but no one wanted to get a school website up and running. bit depressing i don't know what it's spent on - feel like a mushroom - kept in the dark!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried looking on your Local Authority website as the information may well be printed there. You could ask for a copy of the Governors meeting reports, as the school will have to produce the informatiion for them. My understanding is that the PP is paid for children of statutory school age, and it is at the discretion of the school to choose how to use it for the benefit of the pupils. The effectiveness of their decisions will have to be monitored, some employ extra TA's, others extra 1-1 and so forth.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)