Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Ideas need pls for PE or acting out a story?

Hi, I'm new to all this and wondered if you guys could help me please. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do for a PE session, it can literally be anything physical! Its for 2-3 year olds so needs to be simple. I can use music. Also what other stories apart from the Gruffalo are good ones for the children to act out when I'm reading it to them?

Any ideas or advice would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!!! x

oh yes forgot to say somebody already does the bear hunt, the children do love it. i just wondered if there was another story like that? x

oh yes forgot to say somebody already does the bear hunt, the children do love it. i just wondered if there was another story like that? x

Yes the story called Shhh! We regularly act that out since Rea mentioned ita few weeks ago. Basically the children have to creep past a few animals etc. in the giant's castle or they will run and wake the giant up and how will try to eat us. When we find the giant snoring away in his bed chamber the children are dared to say Boo. Then the chase starts.

We also do the Sticky Kids CD's which are for this young age group. You can just google those and find out all about them, even listen to parts of the cds

• 3 weeks later...

We also do the Sticky Kids CD's which are for this young age group. You can just google those and find out all about them, even listen to parts of the cds

I've been meaning to get one of these cd's - I've taken a look on their website and had a listen they all seem good - Do you have a favourite??

Hello

We often do an obstical course consisting of climbing on jumping off, balancing on beams, forward/backward (sideways) rolls, weaving through cones, scrambling under nets...children love it.

Dancing using ribbons or scarves.

Parachute games.

Relay races - these as difficult until they get the idea of waiting until your go and passing the batton.

Football shoot out.

Ballet

Our list for PE is endless.

Stories we act out vary at the moment we are doing goldilocks. Just finished little red riding hood. Last term we did scary music from scooby doo - the children loved it.

If you like any suggestions or want more let me know ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)