Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Assessments ready for Moderation

We are being moderated on the new profile this year and need to provide the moderators with a list showing all the children's levels as they stand at the beginning of May.

We have looked at the exemplification materials and our observations show that currently most of the children are meeting DM40-60+ with some Emerging ELGs. By the beginning of May (which is really only 2-3 more weeks of school), hopefully most will be acheiving Emerging ELGs with some children achieving Expected ELGs in some areas.

Does this seem about right? I know all settings are different but would be interested to know how others are getting on.

Thank you :)

I can't speak for your children but you can only be or not be at the ELG - there isn't an emerging in the goal...if they are not at the level of the goal they would be either emerging or exceeding. You have to ask yourself does the goal best fit our view of the child as a learner in that aspect and if yes then they are at the Expected level. You may be over complicating it a bit??

Cx

Guest littlemissblonde

Hi

I record the children in my class as emerging developing or secure in age bands including the ELG. I realise they need to be secure in ELG to be at expected level but I use this method to demonstrate progress and highlight gaps and next steps

Guest ShelleyT

We are being moderated too, and have been asked to let them know the children's current levels in relation to the ELGs. 4 of my children (out of 30) are at the expected level, 1 is exceeding and the rest of the class are still emerging in most of the 17 ELGs.

Hope that helps?

Shelley x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)