Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Waiting Area - Revamp

We have an area where parents can congregate at drop off and pick up times and I feel it could do with a bit of va va voom!

1 information board has Ofsted registration certificate, insurance certificate and copies of safeguarding policies plus a few others

Another board has photos of the children and what they have been doing for the week (I change this once a week) the ones I take down are put into a photo album.

A table has our policy book, various information books, photo album, Ofsted report etc - which the parents rarely look at ^_^

What else do you have in your entrance area? Or how can I brighten up what we already have?

Many thanks

We have managed to get a digital photo frame ( a 12" one) through a donation from a charity. We put photos on it and change them weekly or if we do something special ( eg Comic relief) we try and get photos on it before pick up time. The children love the 'magic television' and talk to their parents about their photos whilst waiting for us to let them in and when they leave.

Up to now we have had a board with a photo of every child on it but the 'magic television' sort of replaces it, so when we change it we will either out their individual targets up so parents have time to look, or their Wow! moments. We also have an inofmation board with notices, newsletters and staff details etc up.

• Like 1

madmum did you know that you can also display notices on your digital frame e.g. for up and coming events? It is a bit fiddly in that you have to make it as a powerpoint and save it as a jpeg, but it is a good way of letting parents know what is going on in the setting.... I think our parents are more likely to look at a screen than the notices on the board :rolleyes:

• Like 2

We have a notice board with our reg. cert, insurance certs and quality standards awards plus the latest copy of the the newsletter. A small table has our ops plan and policy folder on it plus additional booklets/leaflets of various info from constipation to eczema depending on what "issues" seem to be the hot topics.

We have moved away from using a digital photoframe and now use a flat screen TV - we convert our photos to a DVD using windows DVD maker each half term and play that for the children and parents which they all enjoy.

• Like 1

When ours is set up correctly (long story!!) The door is at the Centre of the room to the left is the adult section ...small tables (£5 ikea) and cane chairs (£12 ikea!) . Notice boards have ofsted stuff/key carers/insurance etc etc info and policy book (plus complaints/compliments and comments book and sen file on the shelf. We also have a digital photo frame (cheap one from asda) and two boxes one for childrens library (to borrow) and one for adults library (full of actvity books that we have had for ages...this is a new box still trailing) other side is the childrens side has a small table ...identical to the adults and mini chairs from ikea too . This should also have a toy box but at present we dont have room. This area also has wow wall and sales board (uniform/bags /photos etc) . My hallway always has plants in it ...large ones in the corner and something on the table....we have plants in all our areas, it's one of our trademarks!.

• Like 1

Some lovely ideas, thanks everyone!

Madmum - we have a digital photo frame but use it in the hall for the children to see, we cold rotate between entrance hall and main hall, so thanks!

Sue - Love this idea wonder how I can convince the landlords that they NEED a tv screen in the entrance hall ?? :P

Finleysmaid - your seating area sounds great, it's a wonder anyone wants to leave!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)