Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Health checks for employees

Hi all, I would be grateful if one of you lovely lot could point in the direction of finding out what actually needs to be asked ie a prospective employees health and in what role you need a health check done - have spent all afternoon looking everywhere and cant find.

Thank you xxx

My understanding is that you can't ask them of everybody who applies for a post, but you can of the person whom you choose to employ once the interview and selection process is complete. I have not been told otherwise by my LA or Advisory staff and none of my staff have complained about the forms being intrusive - they are in depth but I feel when you are in a position of responsibility as ours is, that it isn't bad to ask about things that may impact on a persons suitability for a post?

• Like 1

This looks very like the form I had to fill in when volunteering at my local Children's Centre. Partly it is about identifying if you have any health needs that will need to be supported by the organisation, but also about ensuring that you are fit for the job/volunteering post you are going to do.

I agree that you can't ask any of these questions during the interview process, however once you have accepted the job, it is ok to ask. :1b

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)