Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

What's in Your Water Tray this Week?

Taking inspiration from the 'Tuff Spot' posts which have been SO inspirational - just what do you have in your water tray?

This week we have a tea tray with tea pot, milk jug, sugar bowl, tea cups and saucers with tea bags.

I love the idea of ping pong balls so mentioned it to my business partner this morning. She said why don't we make a hook a duck for the water tray. We screwed small net curtain rings into the beaks of the ducks and will make some pieces of cane with small hooks in over the weekend. We used a permanent marker to put numbers on the heads of the ducks and this will go in our water tray next week.

I love the idea of ping pong balls so mentioned it to my business partner this morning. She said why don't we make a hook a duck for the water tray. We screwed small net curtain rings into the beaks of the ducks and will make some pieces of cane with small hooks in over the weekend. We used a permanent marker to put numbers on the heads of the ducks and this will go in our water tray next week.

Lovely - thanks for sharing! :1b

we use ping pong balls for letters - lower case sometimes, and capitals others, and also numbers. and use sieves to fish/tea strainers and fishing nets for aquariums. this week we have had watering cans outside and the children have been watering our fruit/veg plants, spring flowers and everything in sight!!!!!!!! well plants need water to grow!!!!!!! inside we have had real and plastic fruit in the sink to explore healthy food and floating/sinking. it's nice to share ideas x

we had children in ours !! due to sunny weather we had 2 water trays and tuff spot with ducks all numbered and hooked with guttering , spray bottles , funnels and watering cans - in the afternoon we had paddling pools and bubbles filled with 9 children who had such a fab time being kids -

• Like 1

I bought 50 ducks on e-bay. I painted them collars with my daughters nail varnish for colour sorting. I didn't put hooks in them but used nets, means they can also be used safely elsewhere for numeracy work.

I bought 50 ducks on e-bay. I painted them collars with my daughters nail varnish for colour sorting. I didn't put hooks in them but used nets, means they can also be used safely elsewhere for numeracy work.

Ours are also from a box of 50 we bought in Home Bargains. We have some for the water tray (indoors aswell as outdoors). I like the idea of giving them collars for colour sorting. Might have to find my nail varnish and give it a go.

Thanks for sharing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)