Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Measles

Nothing as far as I'm aware, but I havent been in lately, but we had a parent years ago who wouldnt vaccinate and I do wonder about her now.

I think all we can do is advise, provide leaflets and info and hope to goodness they see the light! I heard a piece from BBC radio 4 the other day, a woman was saying she thought that because the vaccine had to be given when the children were a certain age, they would naturally be immune after that age! Education on all this is sadly lacking.

Very worrying Susan!

I wonder sometimes if people are living in little bubbles. Even with the MMR scare, it has since been discredited so why are people not doing it? It was almost automatic when mine were babies, you weren't given a choice, the HV told you when the jabs were due and you went. We might have been a bit like lemmings but we also knew the diseases the jabs were for were deadly in some cases and at best crippling.

I cannot fathom the thought process of people who would rather risk that than autism.

Unfortunately this whole health scare has also given Andrew Wakefield another media platform from which to spout his nonsense once more. There are still plenty of people who are deeply suspicious of the MMR despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I don't think this is a debate that is going to end for a while yet.

my daughter who has recently had a bay, is really worried about all this..........and very worried about the sheer number of vaccinations her baby will be offered over the next few years. I know they are all meant to be in the child's best interests, but I sort of see her point, it's a lot more than when she was a baby herself

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)