Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

planning showing individual children

Hi all

How do you make sure your planning shows how individual children's interests and needs are meet. I have 50 children on roll and they have free flow between three rooms which each have different areas of learning and they also use the garden daily. Staff members are in each room for a week at a time and they carry out daily planning.

Thank you for you help in advance

WellerKaren

This is the sort of thing that we use - there is a page for enhanced provision plus other pages for different areas of the provision (I have put in the one for role play/imaginative play). Once all the parents have left for the session we put these around the room so that staff working a particular area can either work with children if they access that area independently or encourage them to engage in a particular activity with a view to supporting their next steps. It is a bit of a mission to pull it all together for a half term from the children's next steps and we usually do it half termly - during a half term period things are added/crossed off by children's keypersons as and when they need to do so. As the second half of the spring term was so short I haven't done a full update but it is meant to be a working document. Hope that helps.

Individual Planning Summary.doc

• Like 1

I pull together the master document and liaise with staff team about children's next steps and lines of development/suitable activities. Sometimes staff need reminding to cross things off / add new things on as in the hurly burly of the day paperwork is that last thing that gets remembered (quite rightly too!). It has been a good "checking mechanism" to ensure that keypeople are ensuring that next steps are relevant and age appropriate for the children too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)