Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Staff Happy?

staff appreciation board.....

e.g 'thankyou for doing such and such...' 'taking that such and such really helped etc'

chrismas dinner and dance with limo

summer day trip to spa ( i hire a conference room and we do transfer forms first)

but mostly lots of smiles, thank yous and well dones

but mostly lots of smiles, thank yous and well dones

That's what I rely on, pleasant working conditions/atmosphere go a long way - I also pay them as much as I possibly can - they are privy to the income and outgoings associated with running our pre-school........and that's it really we think of it as 'our' pre-school.......

Then of course there are pressies at Christmas and a little extra in pay whenever I can manage it :1b

for me it was listening to them, taking their thoughts on board and trying new things out.. discussion before changes... consulting them... involving staff with the running of the group.. not excluding them from decisions... trying their ideas out.. giving reasons for changes, and being flexible..

Paying as much as we could.. .letting them know the financial side so they knew the reason for the wages we could afford,,

and lots of thank you, please and help!

I did buy a small gift for all at Christmas.. a personal gift not the setting.. in Santa's sack ..

Summer term we had a girls night in.. staff member allowed us to use their home for this.. often one who would have needed a babysitter to go out.. a takeaway delivered, all donated a bit each month to the pot... as much as they could afford.. ( I topped it up if we needed to) and all brought a bottle.. usually finished about 4am!

other than that it was supporting each other all the time..

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)