Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Headteacher report

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while and I'm not sure whether this is in the correct place or not but my headteacher has just asked me to prepare a 2 sided A4 report about all she should know about eyfs. She understands some bits but its her weaker area and just wants to have a clearer knowledge about it including the assessment. I have some thoughts but I was wondering with all of your fantastic knowledge that you would be able to give me some helpful pointers and tips. I don't want it to be too 'wordy' and was thinking about putting it into sections (obviously) and maybe putting in links to relevant documents, e.g Statutory Framework, Development Matters guidance and EYFS Profile handbook.

All help/tips and pointers will be greatfully recieved.

Thank you

Lyndis x

Hi, I wonder if no one has replied because they reacted in the same way that I did when I saw your post, in that you can't fit everything there is to know about EYFS onto 2 pages of A4. I think it's rather cheeky of your head to ask this of you and if you did manage to fit it into 2 pages would she really have a thorough working knowledge as a result? She needs to read all the documents for herself instead of asking you to summarise them. Sorry but I would just give her a list of documents she should read.

Debx

Guest LornaW

Bust needed has a point! However I would look at the EY SEF and fill that in. It will be more than 2 sides of A4 but will give her a good idea and let her see just how much you do!

LornaW

Thanks for the help. I have done it and also put in a reminder about the documents we use (as I have already spoken to her about them before). We will however sit down and discuss it and I'm sure she will make extra notes. Thanks again x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)