Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

20 min activity active and purposeful for interview!

Hi everyone

I am rather lacking in inspiration at the moment due to various going ons at my current school! I have applied for other jobs and I got one of those letters which I don't like for interview!

They are asking for a 20 minute activity of own choosing which is active and purposeful!!!!

Twenty minutes not a very long time.

Its for a class of 23 children and I seem to remember when was shown around that they said they had some autistic and SEN children.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated!!! Having a brain freeze!!!

Hi, if you can tell me how to upload a file I can put my interview plan on here which I did the other day and got the job. It may help you with ideas? the best advice I was given is to do something you really enjoy and are passionate about and will also feel comfortable doing :) and also revise for the questions they will ask you :)

I did want to try reading aliens love underpants and have a sorting activity, making own aliens activity but not sure if this would count as active and meaningful, given I only have 20 mins!

when you reply to this there should be another button which says more reply options then it gives you the option of attaching a file.

That would be great thank you!

Im not sure if my thought would work, someone else suggested a treausre hunt. I suppose I could do that, with words and sentences to link to phonics and have my treasure chest and bin , but I am having a panic now as not sure which way to go!

someone else has mentioned a treausre chest with something special to me inside it ie picture of my dog, but not sure what sort of activities I'd link into that?

Guest LornaW

If it were me I love poetry, taking and movement so I may take in one of those wooden worm things you get in Hawkins Bazaar and get the children to discuss what it it and looks like. Then I'd talk about worms and how they move. Then I'd tell them the wiggly worm poem

He writhes and he wriggles and wiggles his toes

He slinkily slithers wherever he goes

He moves with a squitch and a squelch and a squirm

The wiggly, wuggily soggily worm

I'd get the children to say the words and do the actions then we would spread out everywhere and move to the whole poem and finally they would chose a word they liked best and I'd write it up and highlight their fabric words.

They would have worked in pairs, heard a poem, learned some new vocab and been physical

BUT

These are all things I love doing!

LornaW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)