Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Recent Ofsted...recommendation to gather more information about the ch

Following a recent Ofsted inspection, in addition to basic registration/personal contact details and medical info, we were advised to gather more information about the child.

We currently gather on a separate sheet from our welcome pack the following info:

"All about me" What the child likes to play....what they don't like....favourite snack...special comforter....my best friend.....

The Ofsted inspector suggests we should be gathering more details....for example:-

Nature of child....i.e shy, confident...etc

Words spoken....

Fave books....

I wondered what other people are using right now...and if anybody has a format that may help in designing a new sheet/booklet to gather information on new children attending the setting!

Thank you in advance :))

we have a sheet with all 7 areas of learning on it and ask the parents to tell me about their child - his likes/dislikes etc and just put it where i think is relevant.

there is also a section for parents to tell us about any concerns they may have prior to starting.

We just had ofsted and they were satisfied with it

Thank you guys :) Have adapted Cait's to suit our needs!! So thank you!

Yes satisfied, but always plenty of room for improvement :))

Currently in the process of taking over the setting - so have sooo many ideas!!

Sure I will be back!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)