Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Maintaining attention on the carpet

For some reason my class have gone a bit hyper and excitable. Noisy on the carpet and constantly 'bubbling', I have to keep them down all the time. Can't give them an inch as they'll take a mile.

Any tips? (this has only been in the last few

Weeks)

There must be something in the air! Mine have gone the same way.

I have given 'tangles' as fidget busters to the two most fidgety but the rest.....I'm not doing well and turning into an old nag!

My lot comment to all around them about every tiny comment/action/instruction so that we are losing the flow all the time.

Any tips?

R

This put a smile on my face - it's not just me then! Mine have been great all year until the last week or so. I'm putting it down to the weather, a bitty term with inset days, bank holidays, polling days etc. or maybe it's just me! I'm just keeping carpet sessions very short and interactive until they are back on track! Hopefully it will pass.

Been finding the same glad it's not nust me! and usually do this time of the year. I gave mine carpet spaces a couple of weeks ago as had a couple of children who needed to be kept apart so thought I may as well do it for everyone and that has really helped.

Deb

Guest LornaW

They are growing up and growing taller and they need to move! move! move! When this happens I found the best thing was to get them all up to move jiggles and turn then I could bring them back to concentrate again.

LornaW

Guest ShelleyT

It always happens in May and June when the evenings are lighter and the children don't seem to sleep as well. I notice it every year. x

Susan do you know this book? I love it!

No Lorna, I don't but I do remember you mentioned it before but as I am no longer working in the sector, I have saved my pennies!

I'm sure I would be a fan though if I had need of it as I used to love that sort of thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)