Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

List of policies?

Hello everyone! I just joined this forum and found it very helpful, so I hope someone might shed a light to my dilemma. I keep finding policies everywhere and I find it confusing to know what policies to put in induction folder for staff and what policies in parent's pack. Oh..and I suppose all of them to keep in the office. Is there any list of policies I can follow? Any help/advice would be highly appreciated! Thank you!

Hello

All our policies are uploaded on to our website for parents - they are asked to read them and sign to agree to them once read.

Staff have them emailed - they are requested to read the most significant ones first. Again they have to sign to say read. They review them regularly.

There is always a hard copy in the setting for staff or parents.

Hope that helps

Just to add that it might also be worthwhile checking with your LA about any policies they insist you have. Although it can be argued they shouldn't have anything different to the Ofsted listed ones, my LA certainly had some additional policies that they "needed" me to have. It was actually easier just to add them and not argue with them about it!

Just to add that it might also be worthwhile checking with your LA about any policies they insist you have. Although it can be argued they shouldn't have anything different to the Ofsted listed ones, my LA certainly had some additional policies that they "needed" me to have. It was actually easier just to add them and not argue with them about it!

Holly - that made me laugh out loud xD you sound like me - it's called 'playing the game' I believe!!!

Welcome to the forum nightingale1 :1b

I winced as I opened the Ofsted link...just knew there would be a policy we don't have and I was right. We don't have a Risk Assessment Policy. We have lots of lovely Risk Assessments and they are updated and reviewed regularly. But we don't have a policy saying we do it. My 'to do' list just grew.

Thank you for welcoming note sunnyday! Don't we all just love to play the game? ^_^ I just want to make sure I follow all the rules of the game and get myself organised. The risk assessment policy is covered in our setting. Actually I think we have all policies but I was getting confused which of them need to go in induction folder for staff and which need to go in parents folder. There seems to be policy for everything lately! Updating them takes ages! The new one we had to put in practice recently is 'Physical intervention policy'. Has anyone of you had to register with the ICO? We haven't heard of this before but it was suggested to us that it is essential that we do.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I winced as I opened the Ofsted link...just knew there would be a policy we don't have and I was right. We don't have a Risk Assessment Policy. We have lots of lovely Risk Assessments and they are updated and reviewed regularly. But we don't have a policy saying we do it. My 'to do' list just grew.

SAME HERE ;-(

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I am new to this website and I have been finding it really useful so far. Only thing is, I cannot work out how to post a message on the forum apart from replying to a previous one!! Please can someone help me?!!

Also, I am starting a nursery in January and wondered if anyone knew of a website where I can access generic policies which can be adapted to my setting or do I need to start from scratch with each one?? Thanks :0)

Hi Louisabay and welcome to the forum.

One way is to go to the Forum Index, go to the forum you want to post in and you'll see a blue box titled 'start topic' on the right hand side of the screen above where you see all the threads listed. Click on that and you're away!

Looking forward to your posts. :1b

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)