Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

New to this forum and a re-learner to FS/KS1

As of September I'll be teaching a class of R/1/2 after having spent six years teaching 4/5/6 (not all at once) in a different school!

I have no idea how I will manage with such a range of years/abilities or how I'll settle back into EY so I thought I would join you people here.

Any advice/must haves/anything at all?!

Hi and welcome to the forum :D

Hmm tricky one...not in school so just thinking out loud really.

Do yR mixed with y1 follow EYFS at the beginning of the year and KS1 at the end? Must be tricky starting the older ones back at the beginning but seems a big ask to get your littlies to do KS1 stuff.

I worked in preschool and because we were working with small groups it was easy to plan an activity and then extend it where necessary for the older or brighter children by way of questions and extension activities but not so easy with a class of 30 :(

I do hope some teachers will be along really soon to offer some much more useful advice than my mutterings xD

I have no idea. I'm going back to visit my new school soon and the curriculum and their approach to meeting the needs of all the children is something I'll definitely be asking.

Although it seems fairly daunting, I'm excited by something new! :)

Thank you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)