Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Cover letter for parents for new reports.

Me too Mrs L, I have the same thoughts as they will worry what that means and a child may be quite close to ELG compared to someone working within 30-50 yet get the same score. X

Thank you so much for that. I must say that I am pretty apprehensive about giving the scores out to parents. I feel I will have them in left, right and centre worrying about the emerging.

but surely if your children are having difficulties then the parents already know this? I have a rule at pre-school that we should never start talking about issues at parents evenings or in reports!

• Like 1

but surely if your children are having difficulties then the parents already know this? I have a rule at pre-school that we should never start talking about issues at parents evenings or in reports!

My HT has the same rule about behaviour/SEN issues - if it's significant enough to be written in an end of year report then parents should already be aware of it.

• Like 1

At parents evenings I have explained what the children are 'able' to do etc, but having not seen the profile then I didn't explain where they were in relation to ELGs etc. Some of the children who are emerging don't really seem to be having difficulties anyway. They have made good progress and worked well all year, just not quite made the ELG's.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)