Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Fine motor and gross motor activities

i've got some of the older memebrs of the community coming in to do some sewing next week!! gross motor ...what about some group games to get them working together....duck duck goose and what's the time mister wolf are favourites at the mo

...i'll go and see if i can think of some more things!

Thanks for the ideas, we do all of the above!! Have been lookin online and have found a nice activity from do2learn where the children have to peel stickers and stick them onto a template. Also going to do vertical threading onto straws rather than strings.

Keep the ideas coming :D

A group of our children are into rolling at the moment - they started with the plastic tape measures - wanted me to show them how to roll them up , then they flicked/rolled them back out again. We have now got a rolling box , bandages, crepe paper rolls, florists ribbon , tape measures, normal ribbons etc , and we are rolling pizza dough into pinwheels, unrolling and re-rolling swiss roll slices (well some get eaten!) rolling out dough and then twirling, twisting and rolling it , and paper is curled rolled and spiralled. Am waiting to see what they come up with next .

Fine motor and gross motor

Large sticky back plastic, tape it with masking tape to a wall, sticky side facing outwards, lots of natural resources for them to find and stick onto the 'wall'. Lovely big mosaic picture at the end! This is what I have planned this week haha

can you find 5 things green, can you find 5 things that are circles ect

• Like 1

How about jumbo tweezers and sand tray - find the buried treasure.

We struck 2 lengths of spaghetti into a ball of play dough and child threaded macaroni onto it.

Children peeled of lots of sticky stars and placed them on sheet paper then they used a felt tip and joined the stars!

I had the side of a very large cardboard box and made our own "roll a ball" game. The children wrote numbers above each hole that I had cut out. Lasted for about a week and then the cardboard became to floppy!!!!! xD Very popular. Covered recognising numbers, counting, and rolling, etc.

Large sticky backed plastic is ideal. We stuck grass, flower heads, twigs etc onto it and made a lovely "natural" picture. Tomorrow I'm going to do what you have done Berryred - find 5 green things, etc.

Dancing to different types of music with ribbons.

We are practicing for our sports day - usually running, walking backwards and jumping but also stone and spoon race, collect the washing in a basket, relay using hoops (proving to be a difficult one :blink:

Sue J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)