Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Committee Members

Hurrah! I'm guessing you didn't tell them exactly what they were letting themselves in for then! Seriously, well done though.

You guess correctly :) I mentioned to one mom that I first got involved when my eldest was 2.5 and now he's 23. She looked shocked so I didnt say a thing else ;)

Have to say I have a very good committee this year ( and last as mostly the same members) 7 members and a few 'friends of committee' 2 years ago was 16 which was far too many and too costly now anyway, they are very supportive, but not in a wanting to do my job way and extremely fundraising motivated :)

Our Sustainability team at the loc authority give us all our help and support we needed. I have the paperwork with various options on at work but I would advise contacting LA first and foremost

Yes I would agree with this, they are very helpful and worth contacting.

Unfortunately we aren't in a 2 year old funded 'hot spot' so there's nothing that they can do to support us - if however we were there are grants available, so it's always worth speaking to them.

Does anyone have any information regarding CRB's/DBS for new committee members?? I have recently sent EY2's to OFSTED for our massive grand total of 4 new committee members!! and they have returned requesting a fee of £52.....can this be correct?? Have I done something wrong?? Please any help would be appreciated.......

Hi Pippin, there was initially going to be a charge for committee members, voluntary status was withdrawn by Ofsted some time back, dont know when exactly. I think so many people in a similar position to you contacted Ofsted that they got together with DfE and the DBS service and it was agreed that committee members were volunteers and would still be free but the DBS still charge an admin fee of around £8.50.

I'd get straight back onto them if I were you :1b

• Like 1

Hi Pippin, there was initially going to be a charge for committee members, voluntary status was withdrawn by Ofsted some time back, dont know when exactly. I think so many people in a similar position to you contacted Ofsted that they got together with DfE and the DBS service and it was agreed that committee members were volunteers and would still be free but the DBS still charge an admin fee of around £8.50.

I'd get straight back onto them if I were you :1b

Thank you Rea, I will indeed get back onto them; otherwise I feel sure no committee will be left!!

• 2 weeks later...

So are we doing them through Ofsted? I have had a number of emails from firms wanting to do our DBS checks

We're going to be doing ours through Ofsted Cait, they still have to be dont they? I thought the other companies were for people not in education to use. Could be the companies just fishing for business!

could be they want your business for non committee members - staff and volunteers working with the children can be done by your choice of company, not via Ofsted.

could be they want your business for non committee members - staff and volunteers working with the children can be done by your choice of company, not via Ofsted.

Oh of course, I'd forgotten that! Well, we'll still use Capita for everyone, just to keep things simple and in one place :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)