Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Help with Prime Areas pls

Hi

I am still quite new to this, I need to update learning journal and put the observation under the appropriate title eg:

personal social and emotional development

Communication and language

Physical development

Literacy

Mathematics

Understanding the world

Expressive arts and design

These are the things to be filed

1. looking through magnifying glass and recognises objects look bigger

2. Putting on a puppet show

3. Sorting animals

4. Picking a picture in a book and copying it making his own version of the picture

I would be soooo grateful if anyone could please point me in the right direction!!

Thank u!

1 - UW for the exploration. CL for the use of comparative language - big, bigger

2 - L for the story making. EAD for the creative aspects. CL for the speaking and PSED for confidence and collaboration, if with others, for the performance

3 - M for sorting. UW for recognising similarities and differences. CL for understanding of concepts whilst sorting.

4 - EAD for representing e.g. objects through art. L for interest in books (if self-initiated). PD for pencil control

In my view...

1 - understanding the world - world

2 - expressive arts and design - being imaginative - could be communication and language if any speech used, or personal and social if with others

3 - maths - shape space and measures

4 - expressive arts and design - exploring materials and media

i always try and get as much from each observation as i can, and c+l and pse seem to be on all unless they are alone x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)