Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Nurseries on school sites

Hi all,

Im looking for advice from people that have nurseries on school sites. Can you tell me how you came across these sites? Did you approach schools with a proposal or did the school advertise for interested parties? Im looking for a nursery site and as Im particularly interested in after school and holiday care I am investigating school sites but dont know where to start!

Thanks!

I imagine that now would be an excellent time to approach local schools to see if you could work together with them on their offer of wrap around care, given the announcements yesterday regarding schools being encouraged to provide care for children from two.

I would contact local schools directly and see if there is scope for you to work together. :1b

Hi

We are based on a school site. The school initially set the setting up and it was governor run, however it changed to committee run after a couple of years. We work well with the school and pay rent for our building.

I think approaching schools is the best way, perhaps you could ask for a meeting with the headteacher, recption teacher and chair of governors to see what they think.

Carol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)