Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

BORAX

I have found a recipe for 'Space mud' which calls for 1.5 tablespoons of borax. Has anyone used borax in gloopy recipes before and, if so, where can I buy it?!

I use borax in 'slime' - two teaspoonfuls is added to a litre of water - I always do the mixing and not the children. I have been using it on and off for about 5 years to make our slime mixture and have never experienced any problems. You used to be able to buy it over the counter at Boots but they do not stock it anymore.

if you google 'alternative to borax for slime' you will come across lots of ideas and solutions.

• Like 2

Read a slime recipe on twitter didn't use Borax but cornmeal starch, shampoo water and colouring ( an American recipe)

Will look Tom 4 u. Or later if I still can't sleep!

Hi,

Borax is an American powdered laundy aid. We use it very sparingly to make enough flubber for two classes. About 1 or 2 teaspoons. We always supervise children when they play with it and do not reccommend it for 2 years or under as they love to put anything and everything in their mouths. I would imagine that it would not be pleasant to eat a lot but the white glue would also be unpleasant.

If you want to make slime, you could use cornstach or cornflour. I think there are some recipes online.

Kerry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)