Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

From childminders to nursery?

Hi Guys,

Im wondering whether to change my childminding group into a nursery and am looking for some advice.

My reason for this is mainly that I do not want to be here all the time as I need time off to study and as a childminding group I need to be on the premises.

Can anyone tell me if it was worth changing to a nursery with the change of ratios? The qualifications are not a problem. Did you have to make any changes to your property? Did you have problems getting planning? Did neighbours object? Anything else I need to consider?

Thank you!!

Guest lillybeth

I have recently been employed to work as a Manager of a setting which has gone to child care on domestic premises from child minding. We had our registration visit from Ofsted a couple of weeks ago and it went well. The neighbours were not a problem but I guess it depends on how many children you will be able to have Our setting is in a rural area we open at the start of the new term. So wont know any pit falls till then - that's if we get the registration certificate from Ofsted, Ofsted don't seem to know much about childcare on domestic premises so we were not given the correct information you do have to do EY 2 forms for everyone. There are some Ofsted information booklets on Childcare on domestic premises and about preparing for your registration visit. I will keep you posted x

Thank you Lilybeth, can you tell me if the owner is also working at the premises? I would be very interested to know how it goes.

Honey, by childminding group I mean that I do not work alone but have worked with both childminders and assistants in my house. At the moment I am working with an assistant.

Guest lillybeth

Hi the owner will be working alongside us at times, she will be the registered person she does not have formal childcare qualifications she is happy for me to take over the running of the nursery. When I was researching this it said to be childcare on domestic premises there had to be three childminders working together. I will be happy to keep you informed. ,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)