Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

AGM speech

As chair I tell them things about fundraising, welcome new staff, congratulate new moms and families, I also inpart any bits of knowledge I've learnt through the FSF. Manager speaks about activities that went really well, visitors such as zoolab, dance lady, she tells us anything the EY advisor has said, training courses attended.

Like you I hate doing it, we're a small group and usually have just ourselves to talk to, parents being unwilling to attend, so everything I say I've already chatted about with staff. Just keep it short and to the point. In AOB if questions are asked you can cover anything you've forgotten then.

• Like 1

Thanks Rea

We are the same we are a small group and hardly any parents (well really no parents except those wanting to stand on committee) attend so you just feel its a bit of a waste of time really.

I wondered if I could add a bit of a blog like thing where I could maybe share what the children may do in a fun way but I wrote a good blog once and have dried up every since. Maybe it's the shock lol :P

• Like 1

To encourage parents to attend, we say 'its a chance to look through your child's learning journey's, chat to your child's key worker and offer nibbles and drinks..... goes down really well, every year we have done it, we have had 20+ parents show up! It also acts as a parents evening, so we don't have to do another one til Feb then...

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)