Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Inspiration Needed!

Hi All,

Our pre-school is in need of some inspiration as to what we call our rooms. We have three main rooms the children have access to.

The first has table toys, jigsaws, small world and craft activities, the next is a large room where we have a climbing frame, the home corner, and the literacy area with writing table, computer and book area, and the last has the sand and water play, creative workshop and painting.

We have decided that the names they have now are no longer appropriate-craft room, middle room and painting room. They are not very inspiring either!! :o

We have thought of messy play but felt it didn't do justice to the activities available. This room, where we have paints, sand and water etc. is a room for the children to chose what they want to do, we very rarely have an adult led activity in there.

I don't know if you can help but would be grateful for any ideas-we drew a real blank on Friday!!

Thanks

Linda

How about something around exploration for the 'messy play area', as they are xploring materials and properties...

Sorry inspiration failing now!!!

we have a quiet room/area....says what it is and children are calmer and quieter when working in there, we have the drawing computer, books and jigsaws or table toys in ours...

You could always just give them names or colour rooms with the colour in the door for each one...sorry not more inspiring!!

Inge

I was thinking exploring too!

How about

Busy Bees room (jigsaws etc), picture of Bee on door

?

Excellent Explorers room ('messy' play) Picture of magnifying glass and/or safari hat!

Stuck on the other one! Was thinking of Action Heroes with the activity of climbing but it makes it a bit limited! Then I was trying to come up with something with 'imaginative' as most of the activities offered involve imagination....

active imaginations room????

YES! Active Imaginations (does it have to alliterate?) with a picture of a thought bubble!

:o at the thought of that!! It was the mention of tongues in the same bit gave me an image of you licking up spills but then I am a bit odd!!

We they are quite mixed activities aren't they, so it isn't like you have one messy space, one quiet room and one just for gross motor. So perhaps call one something like ... Red Robot Room, Blue Butterfly Room and Green Giant Room. Or instead of sticking with colours and alliteration, just have "Busy Bees, Super Sleuth and something else... lol.

Or Twinkle-Star (or moonbeam), Sunshine and Rainbow rooms.

Safari, jungle, and polar

ok, I am tired and lacking in imagination. :o

Thanks for all the ideas. We have a training day a week on Friday so we will use some of the time to look at these names. As you say Tracy it's difficult to give them names according to what goes on in there. It will more than likely be busy bees or similar.

And funnily enough Tracy our two groups are split into sunshines and rainbows. :o

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)