Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Bringing an Artist into Pre-school

On our last 'outstanding' Ofsted to improve our provision we were advised to 'further enhance opportunities for children to work alongside artisits and other creative adults to advance and extend their experiences of the world'.

Has anyone had to do this in their setting? If yes how did you go about it, what standard do the artists have to be?What did you get the artist to do?

Thank you

Gill

Hi Gill, I have no idea what standard te artist should be but have you got a local secondary school nearby?

Ours won an award ages ago for working with the community and I always thought about using their students to demonstrate music. I never did though, time flew, but now I'm thinking it again ;)

Hi many moons ago we took part in a project at the preschool which included both an artist and a actress. One specifically looked at creative medium including, playdough, feathers, mini beasts, the other looked at how we move through a mixture of dance etc using props to be mini beasts.

We finished by inviting all parents and by making a temporary willow structure in our garden to hang our creations.

Have to say it was fantastic.

Maybe a call to your LA might help.:)

Hi Gill and welcome to the forum! :1b

My LA actually funded just such a project (many moons ago!) not to put a 'dampener' on this but the artist they sent us was - in my humble - a bit of a nightmare - terribly patronising in her approach to the children - she, should have checked first to see 'where they were' in their understanding of 'painting'!!! :blink: :D

Same project I think Sunnyday, but more positive, our artist was really good, but we could not have afforded her without the project

Have a look at Reggio some good ideas for enhancing or extending projects without employing someone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)