Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Can anyone help me with a risk assessment for epilepsy?

Guest colechin

Guest colechin

Can anyone help me with a risk assessment for epilepsy? I would like to see how it is laid out and what information should go on it.

My area advisor has asked that the child's Health Visitor should come in and help, but they are saying they do not do this. they also said that the parent should be involved too.

I have asked the mum to walk through the nursery with me, to see if anything is a hazard and she has said that everything is a hazard and does not want her child to be treated any differently as she only has seizures early in the morning, which will be before nursery time.

I have put in place a home/nursery daily diary, but mum said she is reluctant to let me know if her child has had a seizure in the morning, because she will then be treated differently. She would rather her child be part of everything that goes on at nursery and would prefer her daughter to have a broken arm than a broken heart! I have said that she would be part of everything that goes on at nursery, but we may have to at times, a staff member near her side while on climbing apparatus inside or outside.

I am now struggling, as the HV and the parent will not contribute and I feel lost as this is my first time raising a risk assessment for a child. I just need some idea of what the contents and lay out should be like.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)