Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Through to next round of interview process

HI everyone,

I am through to the next round of an interview and have been asked to 'lead an activity for 25 minutes of my choosing with mixed group of Rec/ 1 and 2"

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

As it can be anything I am keen to make it very memorable and creative, advice from anyone teaching a mixed age class would also be gratefully received.

Emie x

Story sacks are usually quite good, the props would appeal and support the younger children whereas the reading and discussion of the book could meet the needs of the older children. I've got a gruffalo one that all the children love (Ive taught from nursery through to year 2) it has all of the animals from the story including a gruffalo. Also stories that have memorable repeated phrases are usually good for lesson observations because even if they haven't read the story before by the end most of the children will be able to join in. Hope this helps! Good luck! Let us know how it goes :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)