Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Children's survey

I am currently devising a survey for the children to complete. This is a PLOD for a child who was asking the TA what her favourite TV programmes are and then 'writing' it down. So far I have come up with:

Kerwhizz, Sarah & Duck, Old Jack's Boat, The Lingo Show, Team Umizoomi, Yo Gabba Gabba,

Ben & Holly, Jake and The Neverland Pirates, Doc McStuffins.

I am making 2 surveys to choose from so need 10 programmes - are there any others that you feel SHOULD be included?

Thank you!

hhhhmmmm.... let me think......

1. play school,
  2. bagpuss,
  3. finger mouse/finger bobs,
  4. andy pandy,
  5. ivor the engine,
  6. mr ben,
  7. the herb garden,
  8. the clangers,
  9. rhubarb and custard
  10. mary, mungo and midge

plus chigley, trumpton and camberwick green :D

I don't have a t.v. and my children are grown up ... are you saying that children still watch ... ...

andy pandy, mr ben, the herb garden, the clangers, chigley, trumpton and camberwick green?

I used to watch these when I was little 40-50 years ago!! :blink: .

I haven't heard any of my nursery children talk about these programmes - but it looks like I need more survey sheets :D

Edited by Guest

Perhaps I need to do a whole class 'straw poll'; note the children's responses on the whiteboard (as a model to using a survey to find out something) then use their responses to devise the survey for the children to carry out themselves. Mmm that was a bit long-winded but you probably get the gist. :blink: :P

hhhhmmmm.... let me think......

1. play school,
  2. bagpuss,
  3. finger mouse/finger bobs,
  4. andy pandy,
  5. ivor the engine,
  6. mr ben,
  7. the herb garden,
  8. the clangers,
  9. rhubarb and custard
  10. mary, mungo and midge

plus chigley, trumpton and camberwick green :D

Ahhh now that's more like it!! These I know (Mary, mungo and Midge would get my vote!), I must be WAY out of touch, because I haven't even heard of any of the others!! :o Although I do know Peppa Pig and I am REALLY glad my children are too old to want to watch it!! :blink:

Perhaps I need to do a whole class 'straw poll'; note the children's responses on the whiteboard (as a model to using a survey to find out something) then use their responses to devise the survey for the children to carry out themselves. Mmm that was a bit long-winded but you probably get the gist. :blink: :P

I did this yesterday just informally and Mr Maker, Swashbuckle and Star Wars and Toy Story seemed to get the majority of the votes. Fascinating to see how things change, I remember doing the same thing 3-4 years ago and Doctor Who was really popular, yesterday only 2 said they liked it, most of them looked somewhat non-plussed and I overheard one saying they weren't allowed to watch it. Pity - I'd have quite enjoyed having a Tardis in the classroom!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)