Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Number wall chart

Can anyone help me source a particular wall display, number chart??

We currently have a poster/number line on the wall, with number 1-20 but the thing I really like is that their are photograph type pictures for 1-10 and then for eleven you have 10 apples and 1 car, for twelve you have 10 apples and 2 dogs, etc. etc.

Does it sound familiar to anyone? Or does anyone know where I can buy a replacement?

Many thanks

MPS09

I make a number-line every year with each new cohort. Have done it using the correct number of children holding the corresponding number, favourite characters, numbers around school, outdoor equipment. Usually I laminate separate pictures and use them to make a number-line and/or the children use them to make a number-line. Snapfish.com do photo collage posters - so you could upload your photos and have a 'proper' poster printed but I'm not sure if you can make all the photos the same size.

Green Hippo x

• Like 1

I think making you own is a good idea but you need to be careful not to confuse children by muddling the concept. When making groups of objects to make a set of a given number, the objects need to be the same. So with a group of objects where there are 10 apples - to make 11 you would have to have another apple, not a dog, as that iintroduces another criteria, so that becomes a set of 10 apples and a set of 1 dog not 11 of anything. You can't add apples and dogs. You could have a set of fruit, or a set of types of dogs and do it that way as there would be a common criteria. To demonstrate place value you could put the 10 apples in a column of 10 and then begin a new column with the next apple.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)