Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Outstanding settings

You need to be sure that the learning & development needs meet ALL the children, the big difference between good and outstanding is that it really is categorically All the staff know their stuff, All the children's needs are being met, a clean sweep in every aspect of provision - it's difficult but you must remember Good is Good - there is so much pressure but I would say you have to really believe in what you do, how you do it and why you do it - it's an ongoing process that never eases off - I've scared myself now!

Having had ofsted two weeks ago I am more than happy with my result. Outstanding is not everything, being consistent and good in all areas is still an achievement. Try not to worry, you are doing the best you can and trying to out think the inspector will only make you stressed and worried when it can actually be a rewarding experience what ever the result. I had read several ofsted reports recently leading upto our inspection and could honestly not find a definitive difference between outstanding and good so I stopped trying and really enjoyed the inspection process as I was relaxed.

If you get a 'good' rating you should be very proud of yourselves and you will strive to improve further. The danger to those receiving 'outstanding' is you sit back and feel you don't need to try any harder as you are the best!

Outstanding is hard to define, I think it is different for every setting. For us OFSTED said we were outstanding because all adults were pulling together in the same direction, tracking systems were rigorous and used to move learning forwards, teaching was inspirational and largely driven by the pace dictated by the children not the staff. Outdoors was engaging and staff understood how to truly grasp any opportunity to move learning forwards. It's very hard to get outstanding now and I'm not sure that there is a uniform answer, one outstanding May look very different to another outstanding setting.

I also think different ofsted inspectors have differing opinions of what outstanding looks like, but that's just the sceptic in me!

I agree with this we had an outstanding last time. We are do another one any time. But I have always said it depends on the inspector you get.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)