Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

room layout

Hi

Im changing my Reception room layout, making more defined spaces for the different areas of learning. Just wondering if you all have teacher desks? Im contemplating getting rid of mine to create more space. Just wondered what your thoughts may be on this

Thanks

I've never had a desk in Reception, year 1 or 2! At the moment the closest thing I have is a narrow table that the computer connected to my whiteboard is on and in theory that's a work space but by the time the (very necessary) tissues are on it together with the poetry books and CDs there's about enough space for a stamp! I do have a set of wheeled drawers (I hijacked the old ELS trolley when it wasn't being used anymore) and I couldn't do without that - just has my bits of stationery, grown up scissors, car keys etc. in and the children know not to go in it without asking.

I have a desk but it's very tiny and also has the computer hard drive, screen and keyboard etc on which link to the smartboard. For a long time I did without a desk, but now need one to work at after school etc, as sitting at low tables to work is killing my back. When I'm not at my desk, my chair is usually occupied by someone pretending to be me. The children in my class have even tried asking to borrow my reading glasses just for this purpose (mine are always either on my nose or perched on top of my head, like sunglasses). Think I should remove the plastic lens from some old pairs for role play ;-)

I also have a cupboard that has the laptop on, linked to the IWB, and then 'my' chair that, like Bagelface said, they all delight in sitting on :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)