Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Hi All

I have been asked to support a year 1 colleague. I have taught nothing but foundation for 10 years, subject knowledge doesn't worry me but establishing a routine that balances the demands of the year 1 curriculum and access to play based learning does! Do people tend to do literacy numeracy in a morning and then a less structured afternoon with more choice and access to some CP? If so how do you organise this? Anybody who is willing to share an example of their planning and organisation I would be ver grateful thank you.

J

The school I work in has changed it this year and is far more formal (unfortunately) but last year I felt it looked right... Yr 1 had a carousel of activities say for argument 5. One would be teacher led, one TA led, one independent, one free play and one role play and she rotated who she worked with each morning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)