Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Planning for Maths

Hi all,

I am currently training to teach and have a maths observation next week. I need some help with thinking of something fun to do for the plenary. My mental starter is singing hickory dickory dock using dice to roll out a number when we get to, the clock struck..... My main activity will involve using ladybird bingo mats (focus being on counting and number recognition).That way i can differentiate easily between all groups, ranging from Higher Ability- Lower Ability.

Im trying to think of something fun to do for the plenary. Does anyone have any good ideas or other examples of maths activities I could use?

Thank you

:rolleyes:

You need to round your lesson off by recaping your learning objective and reflecting upon it in the plenary.

It might involve a game or an activity if appropriate to your LO/ success criteria but could equally be a thumbs up or otherwise when you ask the children if they were successful in their learning.

Thanks Susan, I was thinking of asking children what they have learnt etc according to the LO but was trying to make it more fun for them. There is a high percentage of EAL children in the class so language will be a barrier for some of them.

So you need something visual for them to assess against. However if the children are not used to doing this it may not work as well as you would like in an observation.

Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)