Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Do you print your planning off?

Hi all

I was just wondering if you all print your planning off?

We have weekly plan, outdoor planning and all adult directed activity plans for each week and I print them all of on a Sunday for the coming week. They are all linked to next steps etc.

I just wondered if you think its ok to save them on a memory stick (we have a laptop on site to view them if needed) rather than printing them all of as we only look at them at the start/end of each session anyway so we could just use them on the computer.

There are only the 2 of us and we only have 12 children on roll so it is quite easy to remember who has what as their next steps.

Hope this makes sense! :1b

Guest sn0wdr0p

Ours goes on a massive whiteboard with a section for each child noting next steps/ interests/plods - we can update it easily and can add any notes etc. very quickly until we get time to write obs up.

I print mine off each week but its only 4 sheets. It is very much a working document so needs to be in a format that can be written/scribbled on. I like the idea of a whiteboard but when ofsted came she wanted to see previous planning for a child so that she could see how it had informed the planning for the day she was there, not sure how I would do that with a whiteboard?

No, and just to add my planning reflects the respect we have a scout hut preschool. :o

Gone are my weekends of doing planning and prep! :o:o

If it can't be done in 'paid hours' then it's not done - unless it's things I choose to do. :1b

I'm fed-up with the expectations put on us, for very little money - and I'm making a stand :ph34r:

• Like 5

No, and just to add my planning reflects the respect we have a scout hut preschool. :o

Gone are my weekends of doing planning and prep! :o:o

If it can't be done in 'paid hours' then it's not done - unless it's things I choose to do. :1b

I'm fed-up with the expectations put on us, for very little money - and I'm making a stand :ph34r:

Yay - Go louby loo!

Guest sn0wdr0p

Staff and I do an analysis each term via Tapestry and note next steps and scribble all over it. The inspector should then be able to track via the observations etc. The whiteboard is really handy for quick notes/obs/comments/quotes etc and they can sit there until key workers get chance to do any updating. We can all see what is going on with each child as well so if something relevant happens we can note it for the key person if they are not in. Much easier than rooting through files. It's one of those folding ones so we can close it for privacy as well.

Staff and I do an analysis each term via Tapestry and note next steps and scribble all over it. The inspector should then be able to track via the observations etc. The whiteboard is really handy for quick notes/obs/comments/quotes etc and they can sit there until key workers get chance to do any updating. We can all see what is going on with each child as well so if something relevant happens we can note it for the key person if they are not in. Much easier than rooting through files. It's one of those folding ones so we can close it for privacy as well.

I like that- I'd take the odd photo now and then and stick it in the sef folder.

I print an A3 blank grid sheet each week for enhancements to the continuous provision which we hand write as we go. I then have Next Steps for all the children which are together on a printed sheet (done by area so I can see at a glance which children have similar next steps in any given area) - this lasts approx. 1/2 term. We scribble on this as and when we either plan an activity to support their next steps, or we spend some time focusing on supporting these during their CI play or if we are providing particular resources for a next step.

We *could* not print it and keep it all on the computer but I like the immediacy of all staff being able to just add notes, I think it demonstrates both the fact that it is a working document and that various people contribute to it. That being said the planning we use doesn't call for a whole lot of printing so it doesn't feel like I am printing out a rainforest each week!

Mel

x

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)