Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Targets in Reception (same as Nursery?)

Hi,

I am the Nursery class teacher in my school and for my class I have 2 or 3 targets per child for each half-term which we use to inform planning and within our daily interactions (up-dated more frequently when required). The rest of the school set targets in October, March and June (to coincide with parents evening and reports) including the Reception teacher. I feel that we should be doing similar things in the FS as a whole but don't want to suggest ideas that will overload the teacher with extra work if this is not manageable or necessary. I know from posts on here that many reception teachers do have targets for children. Could you please explain how you use these in your planning and daily interactions and for those with an attached Nursery, whether you work in a similar way to the Nursery class or quite differently.

Thanks for your help,

Green Hippo x

we are nursery and do 2/3 per term - they are added to the bottom of the progress summary which is sent out in oct/feb/july. sep is c+l, pd and pse as we only report on the prime areas in first summary. other 2 summaries report on 7 areas and targets are lit/maths and any other area of concern, e.g. fine motor/pse etc. recep do termly too so we are in line with each other. IEP targets are in addition to these - got 5 of 32 on IEP's already - is anyone else finding this a poor year? we all plan in activities as and when. of course all children have next steps for all 7 areas ongoing which we work each week x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)