Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry
This is the EYFS Staging Site ×

Looking for a playdough recipe - without salt!

Does anyone have a recipe for playdough which does not use salt? Some of the children are unable to use the playdough during our 'dough disco' sessions because the salt causes their hands to sting if they have a small cut.

x

http://www.naturalparentingtips.com/playdough-recipes/no-salt-playdough-recipe/

There were lots when I googled saltless playdough recipes.

Mmm ... yes there are - but I was hoping for something 'tried and tested'!

It needs to be soft and very pliable. Some recipes are quite dry and crumbly.

Mrsbat, hair conditioner and cornflour sounds wonderful - but in what proportion and what other ingredients, if any?

x

Edited by Guest

Mmm ... yes there are - but I was hoping for something 'tried and tested'!

It needs to be soft and very pliable. Some recipes are quite dry and crumbly.

Mrsbat, hair conditioner and cornflour sounds wonderful - but in what proportion and what other ingredients, if any?

x

No other ingredients - unless you want to add colour/smell etc. To be honest it is a bit of trial and error but I find putting a bottle of condition (can use the really cheap stuff) into a bowl then just keep adding the cornflour until it is the right consistency, we make it with the children so they get to see the changes etc and they choose what colour to have and weather to add glitter etc. Roughly it is 1 part conditioner to 2 parts corn flour :)

• Like 1

No other ingredients - unless you want to add colour/smell etc. To be honest it is a bit of trial and error but I find putting a bottle of condition (can use the really cheap stuff) into a bowl then just keep adding the cornflour until it is the right consistency, we make it with the children so they get to see the changes etc and they choose what colour to have and weather to add glitter etc. Roughly it is 1 part conditioner to 2 parts corn flour :)

Sounds simple & easy - Does this turn out more like 'gloop' than playdough??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)